Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. 1 Peter 4:10
Care and comfort
Through our ministries, we seek to show love and care to people in need, to provide material support to the hungry and the homeless, and to bring hope and comfort to all.
TAPIN is an all-volunteer outreach organization that provides resources and services for East Bay residents in need. We partner closely with TAPIN, raising funds and donating food through activities such as our Fifth Sunday program, Thanksgiving offering, and annual Men Who Cook Mardi Gras celebration. We also collect toys for children during the Christmas season.
Loaves & Fishes RI LFRI on Facebook
Mobile Loaves & Fishes (MLF) is a national organization that is committed to serving our brothers and sisters in need, by providing permanent, sustainable solutions for the chronically homeless, with compassion, love and dignity. Its mission is to relieve the struggles homeless individuals face in obtaining their basic needs, food, community and a place to call home. Loaves & Fishes Rhode Island is non-profit ecumenical program that is currently supported by 11 churches in Rhode Island. The LFRI catering truck is out on the road on average 20 days a month. We support LFRI with donations of money and food.
One Great Hour of Sharing onegreathourofsharing.org/
One Great Hour is a Christian effort to empower, provide water, supply food, and give relief from disasters. We donate funds to OGHS and assemble hygiene kits for use in disaster relief.
Outreach Hour for Deficit Dollars
In partnership with a generous member of our congregation, we sponsor an ongoing program where volunteers offer their services to the community and money is donated to the church to compensate for their time. Activities include knitting items for the needy, providing shut-ins with rides to appointments, bringing therapy dogs to nursing homes, and various other efforts by individuals to show care for others.
West Virginia Ministry of Advocacy and Workcamp http://wvmaw.org
A group of volunteers from our church will head to Gilbert WV this summer to work with local ministries to refurbish local homes that have been damaged by floods. Some homes will be made handicapped accessible and others will be updated to code.
- Disaster News Network A website that tells the story of disaster response and suggests appropriate ways the public can help survivors. It also facilitates information sharing among disaster responders and connects disaster survivors with those who are able to assist them.
- East Bay Coalition for the Homeless The only agency in the East Bay of Rhode Island providing housing for homeless families with children.
- Church World Service A cooperative ministry of 35 Protestant, Orthodox, and Anglican denominations, providing sustainable self-help and development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance in some 80 countries.
- Habitat Providence, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Working to eliminate sub-standard housing and to ensure that every family can live in a decent and affordable home.
- One Great Hour of Sharing Gifts support ministries of disaster response, refugee assistance and resettlement, and community development that help people find safe refuge, start new lives, and work together to strengthen their families and communities.
- Oremus Bible Browser Daily prayer, liturgy, hymns, and prayer resources, with a searchable Bible.
- Presbyterian Association of Musicians A national organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) for people who are involved in the areas of worship, music, and the arts.
- Presbyterian Bloggers A community for those whose blogging is “decent and in order.”
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A) The home page of the national PCUSA.
- Presbyterian Creeds & Confessions A searchable gathering of the tenets of the Reformed faith, as expressed by the Presbyterian Church.
- Presbyterian Historical Society The national archives and historical research center of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Presbyterian Outlook The latest online version of the Church’s compendium of news and resources.
- Presbyterian Promise An organization whose mission is to proclaim God’s promise of justice and love in Jesus Christ by organizing inclusive and inquiring churches in the Presbytery of Southern New England into a community of mutual support for the empowerment of LGBTQ persons.
- Presbytery of Southern New England The website of our local Presbytery, with offices in Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
- Presbyterians Today A popular monthly magazine of denominational news and events.
- RI State Council of Churches A center for ecumenical and interfaith dialogue and action.